College Access For All/Research & Action (CA4A/CARA) Programs
Vivid Imagination has partnered with the NYC Department of Education to provide College Access Programs in Middle & High Schools.
Students will learn and understand the various college and post-secondary options available. By being provided resources and training, students will have the ability to research possible options while forming their education and training plans. Our program partners with schools and the role models of their communities. We encourage the administration, faculty, staff, and other relevant constituents, to routinely assess and encourage students’ progress toward these goals.
Students will learn or understand how to:
- Create a 5-year Plan
- Use technology & media to further their possible career and/or college opportunities
- Evaluate and assess Post-Secondary Options
- Develop online research skills
- Refine their critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Develop a thorough understanding of which major and which post-secondary educational institution or option will best serve them
- Gain an understanding of additional careers related to the science, technology, engineering, and math fields in order to broaden their knowledge and perspectives on career possibilities.
- Determine strategies for making college affordable to encourage all students to feel college or post-secondary training is possible for them.